Fashion Wrap Up

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Direct Wrap Up with Devon Scott ~

"Gloves On?"
Versace Runway Ready to Wear fall 2006
 
Gloves.  To the wrist.  To the elbow.  Vintage, velvet, silk, even knit.  They add drama  to any outfit (which, as you may've figured out, I live for in an outfit).  They add an old-world elegance that is trendy chic at the same time. 
 
I came dangerously close the other day to adding an elbow-length pair of gold sparkly gloves to my collection (think Samantha Jones in "Sex and the City"). 
 
Versace Fall 2010
Apparently, I'm not the only one re-embracing this trend. Reed Krakoff, Versace (again), Vuitton - the list of designers using gloves to add flair to their work is too numerous to mention for the fall collections.
Reed Krakoff Fall 2010
 Heck, you can get a sexy pair of elbow-length velvet gloves anytime around prom season (I have two)or Halloween for that matter.  I also am a big fan of glove finds at vintage stores (the stitching on those gloves is nothing short of impeccable). 
 
Is this too "over the top" or am I simply again working with the fashion houses instead of against them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment